How “green” is your business? As more companies go green, the idea becomes more attractive. In fact, showing that your business cares about the environment elicits positive feelings from customers and helps them trust you. Some of the most popular ways to improve eco-friendliness is by switching to LED lighting, using biodegradable cleaning products, and replacing outdated appliances with energy-efficient ones. But, the easiest and most effective way to have an impact is by skipping paper whenever possible.
As you find ways to make your business more sustainable, professional scanning services will help you accomplish your goals.
What are Professional Scanning Services?
Scanning services create digital images of paper documents at a high speed and high resolution. After scanning, all paper documents can be shredded in a facility and then recycled. Document scanning is an incredibly useful service as it allows your business to be sustainable and secure. Sensitive information won’t be floating around the office or trash bins. Everything is handled in compliance with the latest HIPAA and FACTA laws.
The specific benefits to professional scanning services are:
- More office space
- More time for other tasks
- Secure document storage
- Environmentally friendly
- Improved customer service
Enhance Your Green Image with Document Scanning
Knowing that document scanning can offer so much to one small business, there’s no question that these services are integral. When you work with a document scanning company like Global Document Services, be proud of your efforts! Let others know the steps you’re taking to reduce your carbon footprint. Here are the main ways that scanning services complement an eco-friendly business.
- Reduce the need for paper. When documents are scanned and uploaded into your system, they can be shared with everyone. This eliminates the need for paper copies.
- Eliminate paper waste. Documents need to be updated or adjusted from time to time. With professional scanning, updates and corrections can be made online, eliminating paper waste.
- Be more efficient. In some cases, businesses are able to downsize when they eliminate file cabinets, printers, and fax machines. This move can also reduce energy bills.
- Eliminate ink cartridges. Ink toners have volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and heavy metals. They are bad for the environment because they pollute the water and soil. With less paper, there’s less need for ink.
Document scanning is the future. If you’re interested in making the switch, contact Global Document Services. We make it easy to scan and shred documents, and we’ll be happy to take the green journey with you!